[mythtv-users] transcode?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 20 02:23:14 UTC 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 8:15 PM, steve wrote:

> my son uses myth frontend for windows to watch recordings from the
> backend.  yesterday the windows front end started complaining of no
> codec to play the recordings.  Im clueless here, I didnt change any
> settings for the recordings for the backend, its worked fine for I
> dont
> know how long.  why would this happen suddenly, and more importantly,
> how is it fixed?  How do you re encode videos (that are already
> recorded) from the RTjpeg to mp4 so that windows can play them?  If
> thats even what I need to do?  The windows FE has been fine all along
> with default settings on the backend.

Gee, a Windows box not behaving perfectly? What a surprise!

Don't know about what the MS box problem might be, have you tried
another one to see if that works?

Since you're using RTjpeg I assume you're using a frame grabber
card(s). If you have the horsepower you could encode to mpeg4
directly, but you probably know that.

beww