[mythtv-users] Suggested Software for Recording HDTV

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Sat Apr 19 23:13:49 UTC 2008

I'm using an 64-bit Athlon system running Fedora 8. I haven't had any
success in installing mythtv. On an almost identical computer running
Fedora 6, I use crontab and pchdtvr to schedule and record HDTV
broadcasts and playback with xine or mplayer or vlc. But I haven't been
able to compile pchdtvr under F8. I can use getatsc to save to a file
and then killall to end getatsc.

I was wondering if there was some other recording software that would
work under F8 without installing mythtv. mythtv would be nice if I could
get it to compile but I've been happy just using the command line
approach. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them.

Rick B.