[mythtv-users] 6 day weather forecast issue in Mepo-Wide

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Apr 19 12:09:59 UTC 2008

>  I didn't see a weather-ui-wide.xml file so I suspect
>  that MePo is pulling a non wide weather screen thus
>  the formating is off on the 6 Day. My MePo looks the
>  same as yours but when I view weather under MythCenter
>  non-wide weather displays properly. I believe a
>  weather-wide.xml would have to be written.

No, if it were using the non-wide version, it would be fullscreen,
just like the normal one, only stretched when viewed on a widescreen
TV.

If you look in mythtv's themes folder, you will see that both the
default and default-wide folders have a weather-ui.xml. If you do a
diff of them, for the most part they are they same, with just the
screen size updated to reflect 16:9 instead of 3:4 (and some
coordinates nudged slightly). The 3 day forecast was the only screen
completely redesigned to take advantage of widescreen. Someone just
needs to do the same for the rest of them and submit a patch.

--
Ron