[mythtv-users] New MythTV 0.21 Win32 Setup package

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:31:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

Another outstanding bug (that may already be known): The UI is not
cleared and redrawn when you enter a new menu. So at first startup you
are greeted with just the clock, but the image to the right and the
main menu choices don't appear until you press up/down. Likewise when
you enter a sub-menu, like "media library" - the main menu will still
be shown as you left it and will remain, even after you press up/down
to reveal the contents of the sub-menu.
This happens both with Qt and OpenGL paint engines, btw.

Also, the settings menus are drawn very slowly - on my winXP machine
(AMD64 3000, Ti4200 GeForce, 2GB mem) I can see the fields being drawn
one by one from the bottom up. Entering the "Appearance" settings
takes 2-3 seconds.

Enough complaining though; it starts properly and I can watch all my
recordings from my 0.21-fixes backend on my windows frontend. And the
install was extremely easy too! Big thanks to everyone involved! =)

/ Niklas