[mythtv-users] 60% of MythWeb "Recorded Programs" Thumbnails Missing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 19 07:30:02 UTC 2008

On 04/18/2008 03:03 PM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> My 0.21 MBE has a system disk (40GB) and a 1TB RAID where I store my
> recordings. Recently the system disk died and after much struggle I
> replaced it with a new drive. After a fair amount of struggle
> (including the use of myth.rebuilddatabase.pl) I got mythconverg
> updated and now have a fully upgraded Fedora 8 myth 0.21 MBE. I now
> religiously backup mythconverg with mysqldump.
>
> Everything seems to work fine except I am missing some 60% of the
> small png thumbnails in the "Recorded Programs" part of MythWeb.
>
> I believe these thumbnails used to exist on my RAID but have since
> been deleted.
>
> How can I recreate these thumbnails?

rm /path/to/mythweb/data/cache/*.png
rm /path/to/recordings/directories/*.png

(the second for each directory in each storage group).  Don't forget the
".png" after the "*".

Then go to the MythWeb recorded programs page /and/ wait patiently for
it to regenerate everything.  Doing so may take minutes--or even tens of
minutes--depending on your recordings library and backend resources.

Mike