[mythtv-users] Program guide freezes after 2 moves

Steve Wilson mythtv_arizona at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 05:27:52 UTC 2008

--- Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> >>

> > I noticed on my systems only a few channels had
> the
> > guide problem and these were HD tv. I ended up
> > switching the HD TV to XvMc and now the guide
> works
> > without delay.
>
> So you had a delay problem? If it was only when
> playing HD then it's
> probably a system load problem.
>
> My problem is the whole frontend locks up, haven't
> found a way shot of
> restarting the F/E to get out of it.
>
> It started working OK for a bit, right after a
> restart, now it's bad
> again. I'll look into it more on the weekend,
> anything so reproducible
> should be trackable somehow. Haven't seen anything
> helpful in the logs
> though.
>
> BTW the guide works fine when not playing live TV.
>
> beww

Yes, I had the delay as well. Two moves on the guide
and then the frontend would freeze up due to the
guide. I'd hit escape and anywhere from 1-5 minutes
the frontend would come back to livetv on the full
screen. It was only on a few HD channels so I switched
to XvMC and the guide problems disappeared. I have two
tunes one being a PVR150 and the guide was never a
problem with the 150.