[mythtv-users] Can't seem to delete channels

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sat Apr 19 05:18:29 UTC 2008

Hi all -

While doing a bit of reconfiguration (deleted/re-entered capture cards)
one of my three channel lists (all subsets of one SD account) wound up
getting a bunch of channels added to it that it can't tune.

I tried to go in and delete them using the MythWeb interface, but ....
nothing doing.  I click on them in the "delete" column, click on "save" -
but they don't go away.

I'm afraid to use the editor in mythtv-setup, because the last time I did
this, I would up blowing away ALL of the channels in a video source (will
it let me delete then one at a time, or a group (but not all))?

I looked through the wiki, and also on gossamer-threads, but found
surprisingly little on this.  So I'm thinking that the
Mythweb-refuses-to-delete issue is unique to my setup?  ;-)  Also, can
someone tell me how to delete one, or a small group of channels from a
source, using the mythtv-setup channel editor?

Please forgive me if I'm missing something totally obvious.

I'm running 0.21 (latest stable Mandriva RPMs).
Thanks.