[mythtv-users] 0.21 HD playback problems

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Apr 19 01:03:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 02:07 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I'll bet your system is using PulseAudio.  Turn it off or
> configure it correctly.

You are correct:

$ alsamixer
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused

When the Stanley Cup Playoffs are over and I have time to fully look
into this, I'll try to figure out how to set up my audio properly. In
the meantime, just turning off XvMC and instead using libmpeg2 and
Xvideo gets the HD recordings to play. So I still don't *really* know
what's wrong. And I don't know if, when I watch something with motion
(like an NBC hockey game) in HD, it will look OK or not.

Thanks for the help; I'll let you know how it goes, probably in a couple
of weeks I will have time to work on this.

--Greg