[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrade

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Apr 18 01:15:20 UTC 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 6:10 PM, Mike Williams wrote:

> Hello MythTV Users.
>
> I recently upgraded to version 0.21.whatever. My previously working
> mythfrontend now crashes about 1 in 10 times i run it.

You need to post portions of your log file so we know where to tell
you to start looking. "Crashes all the time" doesn't really help in
diagnosing.

> Also when I
> play a video and then exit to the menu and try and play another it
> plays audio only. I have to exit the front end and then restart it to
> watch another video.

I believe you're running into a known issue with your video driver.
However, I don't know if it's been fixed or not. If not, you need to
downgrade to a driver version that works. If so, you need to upgrade
to a version where the problem is fixed.