[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct suddenly wrong about episodes...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 17 18:48:08 UTC 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 12:36 PM, James Pifer wrote:

> Since SD gets their data from zap2it (which I guess gets it from
> TMS?),
> I think that's where the issue is. For whatever reason zap2it is not
> getting the updates, or they are not applying them quickly enough or
> at
> all.

Back when I worked in the TV business, if we had a schedule change
(usually related to Mets games) our programming department would
actually telephone major outfits that might benefit from the
information. We very quickly learned which outfits had someone to
answer the phones, and which ones actually did anything with the
information. We would not bother calling an outfit that had
demonstrated it either did not want or could not deal with the
information.

Of course these days I suspect stations have cut back employees enough
that they don't do that anymore, and the same problem probably
happened at the other end of the line.

Last minute episode changes, due to things like lost or broken tapes,
were usually not reported.

An outfit like SD is only as good as the information it can get, which
reflects what they are able to or willing to pay for I guess.

I'd say on the whole SD is a bargain, and is generally quite good.

beww