[mythtv-users] Mythmusic background player stopping

enigma2176 enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Wed Apr 16 19:58:31 UTC 2008

I run Myth 0.21 on my carputer.  I am attempting to use the background play
feature in MythMusic to play mp3s while the display is showing my GPS
software.  I have an entry in my main menu that launches the GPS software.
If I start the music playing and exit MythMusic telling it to continue
playing then select the GPS menu item, the music will continue to play only
for the current song, when it tries to switch to the next track the player
stops playing.  I think it has to do with the informational overlay that the
player tries to put on the screen, if I exit the GPS software the player
will overlay the information for the next track and continue playing.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this with the new background player?  Are
there any workarounds for this issue, or maybe just a way to disable the
information overlay?  Any help is greatly appreciated.