[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed Apr 16 18:00:06 UTC 2008

>  >
>>   Got some test clips? Be happy to try them.
>>

>Have you tried the sample which is floating around from the HD-PVR?
>ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/moive_clip/hd_pvr_clip/hcw_hd_pvr2_1080i_h264.ts

That's h.264 wrapped in an mpeg2 transport stream. I can't even play
that on my 2GHz MacBook. Something about needing to unwrap, demerge,
remerge, kill a chicken, in order to play in MPlayer. It's not your
standard h.264 format.

Wall*E and Iron Man 720p Apple Trailer play fine without having to
use the skiploopfiler. There's a high-bit rate h.264 720p from
Mammoth HD (starts with an image of the golden gate bridge I think).
It's full 720p 16:9 fill, not sure of bit-rate. It requires the
skiploopfilter.