[mythtv-users] Viedo2ipod script error

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Apr 16 15:30:25 UTC 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 6:18 AM, Chris Tepe wrote:

> Sweeet.  I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.  I'm
> currently
> running MythDora 4.0  and was not planning on upgrading for while (It
> works why break it).  But I am hoping to take advantage of the mp4
> format for the kids recorded shows.  I've currently been using the
> myth2ipod script and adding them back in MythVideo.

I strongly recommend against using the video2ipod script to put videos
back into mythtv .20. You will likely have to update the script to
match the old schema to do this. Unmodified, at best you will get
unpredictable results. :)

Hopefully at some point someone will update the perl bindings such
that sticking stuff in the recorded programs will do the right thing
depending on what version you have installed, but until then it's hard-
coded to the current version.

-Brad