[mythtv-users] Playback config: xvmc_opengl not available

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 04:16:56 UTC 2008

Thanks to suggestions in another thread, I got XvMC activated on my mythbox. The CPU+ playback works and looks great.

I did do some editing. Chromakey OSD rendering is not available, so I turned OSD fade off.

I also tried specifying xvmc_opengl rendering; my system has a AMD Athlon 64 2x 2.7 GHz processor, an Nvidia 7050 GPU, and plenty of RAM for video, so I figure it could handle it.

However, in looking at the mythfrontend log I see messages suggesting that xvmc_opengl wasn't available; xvmc_blit was used instead.

A quick glance at the nvidia and livna display settings suggest to my untrained eye that opengl is there. But maybe I'm missing something subtle.

Any suggestions?

--
http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones