[mythtv-users] mythbuntu and vnc

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Apr 15 23:01:05 UTC 2008

Hello, i threw in the towel on svn and went for mythbuntu so i could get my
remote and serial transmitter working. They still don't work, even though
it's a standard hauppague pvr-500 philips mce remote...but that's a whole
other story....and i hopefully can fix that on my own.

But what i really need is help getting vnc working with mythbuntu. I'm not
talking about the remote desktop vnc, cause that does work...but i really
need to be able to login and have it log me in on a virtual desktop, so that
while the tv is going, stuff can still be done on the mythbox. that way i
would log in via the computer ip with :1 at the end.

I followed this install to the letter: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VNC
but it doesn't work. Is there no gui based program that can be installed
like they have for Windows?

-Thanks