[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Tue Apr 15 22:16:02 UTC 2008

>Huge APPLAUSE to those working on ATV as a MythTV_FE. I just wanted to
>offer my support and encouragement.
>
>* My current MBE/MFE is slow switching into LiveTV as well.
>* The dual-boot idea is quite appealing, or at least the ability to
>roll-back.
>* Anything I can do to help? I have a virgin ATV that hasn't even seen a
>patch stick. Being 4 days old, I rather it stayed warrant-able...ish.

Join the fun? There's an general Ubuntu Install along with a
Mythbunutu and soon a KnoppMyth installs. The Ubuntu/Mythbuntu is
pretty easy and can be installed to an external USB disk. KnoppMyth
should be too but I have not tried it yet. An external USB disk will
be fine for a frontend.

Since you have a current MBE you want to match that version and this
becomes the swing point. With Mythbuntu, there's 0.20 and if you
update 0.21.

The wiki has a discussion area, so look through the wiki, ask
questions in the discussion area as to what you want to do and I can
point you to the best method.

Scott