[mythtv-users] More need XvMC instalation instructions

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 15 21:42:46 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 02:28:45 allene222 wrote:
> TThanks to everyone for the replies.  I must have done something wrong...
>
> I now have a totally messed up system.
>
> Here is what I did:
> 1) sudo apt-get install envy ---> didn't work, could not find envy

Odd - what version of mythbuntu are you running? 7.10? might have to enable
the restricted repository, hoever since you got it installed anyway I
wouldn't bother.

> 2) Downloaded envy from web page albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
> 3) Ran envy from applications tab
> 4) Installed nvidia
> 5) restarted computer
> 6) Computer now says it is in low graphics mode

Basically your xorg.conf is hosed :( Did you let envy configure it? sometimes
I've seen envy try to merge a previous config which left a mess.

There's a easy way to fix that. Run nvidia-xconfig from the cmd line, i.e:

  sudo nvidia-xconfig

that will generate a new xorg.conf from scratch and it should be optimised for
your settings. Restart X now.

> 10) verified that XvNCConfig says libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

Should be XvMCConfig.

Hopefully this gets you back on track,

--
Lindsay