[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV Remote

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Apr 15 21:17:37 UTC 2008

James Crow wrote:
> I recently purchased one of these and needed a patch to get it working
> with MythBuntu 7.10. I found the patch in the forums and it was an easy
> fix. Of course if you are new to linux it may be a little more involved.

Yeah, I did some searching before purchasing, looked like there were
mismatched reports on whether it worked or not. I saw some posts about a
patch to lirc back in Dec 2007. So I figured its 4 months later,
hopefully the patch has been mainstreamed, if not then I'll custom
compile and patch myself. I'm not a newb to such things, but I do prefer
to use RPM's when available. Just because it makes keeping up to date
that much easier.

.... However, 3 years ago when I was hard core Slackware user I would
have slapped myself for saying binary packages are better than rolling
your own. But I'm older, have less time to fart around with making
random patches from forums work.

But I'm rambling, point being it looked like a good deal (1/2 the cost
of the newegg price), and I don't need it right away for anything. I can
let it sit around for 6 months and hope its all plug n play by then.

Mike