[mythtv-users] HD extension PCI board for h264 up to 1080i acceleration with Linux drivers

bastard mail birdman.bastard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:14:14 UTC 2008

Hi list,

Has anyone of you got the chance to test that nice piece of hardware
already?:

http://www.reel-multimedia.com/rmm-german/extension.php

The page is written in German, however the specs are quite impressive:

» DSP / SoC: Micronas DHM 81xx multiformat decoder
» DA-Wandler: Focus 453
» HDMI-Transmitter: Silicon Image 9030 -7
» Speicher: 128MB DDR-RAM (166MHz), 8MB Flash
» Schnittstelle: PCI
» HDMI-Schnittstelle/Ausgang
» YUV-Schnittstelle/Ausgang (DIN)
» Interne Anschlüsse: I2C, I2S, Analog-Video
» Ausgänge: HDMI, YUV über Kabelpeitsche (DIN-Buchse)
» Software: Treiber (Kernel/Userspace), Demoplayer
» TDP (max.): ~ 10W

Open Source driver running in the userspace. The company is running that
device in their own product based on VDR.
All I am wondering about is if it is possible running X on that board
instead of a simple framebuffer.