[mythtv-users] XvMC and GeForce 7300

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:34:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Johnny Russ <jruss at mit.edu> wrote:

> I just looked at the wiki on XvMC and it has been extensively
> edited/updated in the last week. I noticed that the information on how to
> enable the chromakey fix on the 4xxx/5xxx series cards has been removed. It
> just says to use the chromakey OSD. However just using the chromakey OSD
> won't give you a color OSD. I still needed to add 'Option "XvmcUsesTextures"
> "false"' to my xorg.conf and I had to change a setting in the database.
> Should this information be put back in the wiki? Or is the chromakey OSD
> supposed to work out of box now without those tweaks? And there is no
> information about using xvmc-opengl to get a color OSD. This would be good
> to document in the wiki, but I have only been able to find anecdotal
> information from message boards like this. Does anybody know more about the
> xvmc-opengl option? If we can get the correct info, I will be happy to add
> it into the wiki.

Indeed.  I could be wrong (I did much of the editing) but with 0.21 and
playback profiles, I don't believe the database change is required anymore.
The xorg.conf option is listed in the page as something to set.  I'm not too
familiar with the opengl OSD myself but would certainly welcome anyone that
has the details to include them.  I was hoping that the new page made things
a little more step by step for getting XvMC working.

Kevin