[mythtv-users] Fedora 8, Mythtv 0.21, moved tuner card, lost sound

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:13:18 UTC 2008

On 15/04/2008, mythtv at payne.ch <mythtv at payne.ch> wrote:
> I decided to consolidate my system from FE/MBE & SBE to a single
>  FE/MBE by moving a PVR150 from the SBE to join the HVR1300 (DVB-T) in
>  the MBE. Unfortunately I've now lost sound on both cards tho the
>  picture is OK in recordings and LiveTV. As the HVR1300 is not so
>  common in Mythtv circles I've not been able to find any tips so far.
>  Sound worked fine when the cards weren't together. I've not tried
>  music or video but assume that sound still works for those - I'll
>  check tonight.

This points to an audio playback issue, rather than a problem with the
capture card movement (in DVB the audio is embedded in the signal, on
the PVR-150 it's embedded in the MPEG-2 stream leaving the card).

You *really* need to see whether your system audio works outside of
MythTV, and if successful, proceed to testing in mythfrontend
(recordings/mythmusic/mythvideo).

Check your mixer settings on the machine, check your ALSA devices in
mythfrontend etc, check calbing etc. You might also want to check for
an IRQ conflict involving the sound card. It wouldn't be the first
time that something may have become unplugged /unseated during a card
redeployment.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: