[mythtv-users] Firewire in Fedora 8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 00:50:25 UTC 2008

OK, so I figured I'd try and get firewire working again in my setup
since we just got SciFi-HD and USA-HD over the weekend in my area.  I
remember hearing that there was some issues with Firewire in Fedora 8,
but I can't find any real concrete answers, so I thought I'd ask if
anyone has firewire working on their Myth setup in Fedora 8.

I have Mythtv-0.21 installed on F8 x86_64 running kernel version
2.6.24.3-34.fc8.  I have the following 1394 packages installed (via rpm
-qa |grep 1394):
libraw1394_8-1.3.0-3_11.fc8
libraw1394-1.3.0-3_11.fc8
libraw1394_8-1.3.0-3_11.fc8
libdc1394_22-2.0.1-10.fc8
libavc1394-0.5.3-1.fc6
libraw1394-1.3.0-3_11.fc8
libavc1394-0.5.3-1.fc6
libdc1394-2.0.1-10.fc8

If I run plugreport, I get:
raw1394 - couldn't get handle: No such file or directory
This error usually means that the raw1394 driver is not loaded or that
/dev/raw1394 does not exist.

I don't have /dev/raw1394 and running lsmod shows no 1394 modules
loaded.  I don't have any 1394 modules in /etc/modprobe.conf (and I
didn't in my old FC6 modprobe.conf either; I saved it and checked, and
firewire worked in FC6 for me).

So, does anyone have any ideas on where I should go from here?

Thanks,
Harry