[mythtv-users] Multi-Myth?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Apr 14 17:48:49 UTC 2008

On Apr 14, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Mitch Gore wrote:

> 2.  LIRC, this maybe the most difficult part.  Currently when I run
> two FE's the remote controls both instances.  You would need a way
> to limit the lirc broadcast to each FE.

Sounds like there are two lirc options:

1. Use one remote control and try to convince lirc to only send
commands to the window with focus (not sure this is possible)
2. Set up a second remote (with different commands) so one remote
always controls one of the frontends and the other remote always
controls the other.

Second option would be better since you would then be able to control
both frontends independently at the same time.

-Brad