[mythtv-users] Multi-Myth?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Apr 14 17:30:15 UTC 2008

Jay R. Ashworth
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:55:41AM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Can multiple myth front ends coexist on a single physical machine?
>>
>> I know in the 0.20-svn I am running they can't but I understand the
>> whole
>> mysql.txt config has been replaced in 0.21.  This gives me hope that I
>> can
>> run two frontends on the same hardware.
>
> My sis runs a second front end, under Xvnc, from work, quite
> frequently.

Interesting.  I've tried running multi-seat, and it fails...  Xvnc must be
doing something different then.  I'm going to be playing with Xephyr
multiseat in the hope of having a single mondo backend/multifrontend and
eliminate some of the frontends around the house, along with having
instant-on ability and no network problems.

--Yan

--
Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.