[mythtv-users] DISH Receivers and external HDDs

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 14 00:02:16 UTC 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 5:53 PM, steve wrote:

> yeah, but I think they have larger fish to fry than a community
> project
> such as this.  Its like the RIAA and the occasional downloader, they
> wont bother with them, theyre after the people that are heavy seeders,
> and those who share in other methods.  I do believe we are safe.....
> for
> now at least.

There are plenty of Windows and Mac applications that are potential
infringers, and these come from companies that presumably have a lot
more money than us poverty-stricken Myth users.

The first rule of lawsuits: Never sue poor people.

Besides, Myth can do a lot more than timeshift. The fact that a
program CAN do something does not mean that it IS doing it.

Note that the RIAA has now been told that the simple fact that
somebody made a recording available on the net is not sufficient, they
must be "caught in the act" of somebody actually downloading it.

I think as long as a product can do anything at all besides infringing
behavior it is safe.

beww