[mythtv-users] DISH Receivers and external HDDs

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 13 23:41:17 UTC 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 5:16 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> I'm convinced the US Patent Office has given up on trying to vet
> patents, and is now relying on the legal system to decide which ones
> are
> valid.

That wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that the DISH
attorneys were not able to blow that patent out of the water. We were
using digital hard-drive-based systems to time shift in the early
1990s, and we couldn't have been the only ones doing it.

I guess "Prior Art" doesn't mean anything anymore.

Does this mean Myth is (potentially) infringing TiVo's patent?
Actually I guess it would be the Myth users who might be doing so.

Remember that person a while back asking for info on who was using
more than one tuner? He seemed to disappear pretty fast after I
pointed out it was possibly related to that lawsuit.

beww