[mythtv-users] LiveTV default channel/input card selection

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Apr 13 15:21:52 UTC 2008

>  True.  But, now there's:
>
>  Allow live TV to move scheduled shows
>  If enabled, scheduled recordings will be moved to other cards (where
>  possible), so that live TV will not be interrupted.

I forgot about that. I've never enabled that setting. In my situation,
I have separate tuners for SD and HD channels. Some of my channels
appear in both HD and SD versions. My understanding of that option is
that, if both HD tuners were busy, one with LiveTV, it would bump the
recording to SD and let me keep watching live HDTV, rather than giving
the recording preference and bumping LiveTV (which I'd prefer).

Any suggestions for how to deal with that? I suppose I could rename
the callsign on the SD channels so that the schedule won't match that
tuner, and then manually reschedule a recording to the SD tuner in the
rare event that both HD tuners are busy (I already have a script that
emails me when it notices conflicts). Is there a solution less hacky
than that?

Also, will "Allow live TV to move scheduled shows" cause the scheduler
to move a recording to a later showing rather than bump LiveTV?

>  (in the same location).  Or, of course, there's the "right" fix--don't
>  use LiveTV.  :)

That may fix the recording problem, but create a new problem. I won't
be alive to watch the recording :-)

--
Ron