[mythtv-users] segmentation fault in 21-fixes, libqt-mt.so.3

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Sat Apr 12 20:06:18 UTC 2008

>  Broken OSD theme?  Try changing the OSD theme and/or uninstalling (then
>  deleting directories from) and re-installing OSD themes.

Thanks for the tip. I tried setting osd theme to default, but no help.
Actually I found out something that would help me further. If I don't
compile along any plugins, it works fine. Right after doing make
install for plugins, it starts segfaulting.

I have wondered this couple evenings now. I did try month old version
which must have worked for me before. I did do all: clean, distclean,
ccache -c -C and cleaned all files away from source directory that
don't come from svn. Still fails.

Also tried with no  proc-ops. No help.

I recall there was an option to start it with certain plugins
disabled. I need to start now trying to find out which one breaks it.
Weird that no-one else seems to complain anything similar recently.
Some upgrade in Ubuntu has probably broken my system.

Would I dare to make ticket about this? I guess it won't help if
no-one else is experiencing this.

Here's my current configures:

$  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc
--enable-xvmc-opengl --disable-opengl-vsync --disable-audio-oss
--disable-audio-arts --disable-audio-jack --disable-joystick-menu
--disable-dbox2 --disable-hdhomerun --disable-ivtv --disable-iptv
--with-bindings=perl --enable-proc-opt --disable-distcc
--disable-ccache --compile-type=release
Disabling XvMC-opengl. It is only available when linking against libXvMCNIVIDIA
# Basic Settings
Compile type              release
Compiler cache            no
DistCC                    no
install prefix            /usr/local
CPU                       x86_64 (model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM)2
Duo CPU     E6750  @ 2.66GHz)
big-endian                no
MMX enabled               yes
CMOV enabled              yes
CMOV is fast              no

# Input Support
Joystick menu             no
lirc support              yes
Video4Linux sup.          yes
ivtv support              no
FireWire support          yes
DVB support               yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support             no
HDHomeRun support         no
IPTV support              no

# Sound Output Support
OSS support               no
ALSA support              yes
aRts support              no
JACK support              no
libfftw3 support          no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            yes
xv support                yes
XvMC support              yes
XvMC VLD support          yes
XvMC pro support          no
XvMC OpenGL sup.          no
XvMC libs                 -lXvMCW
OpenGL video              no
OpenGL vsync              no
DirectFB                  no
Fribidi formatting        no

# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
Frontend                  yes
Backend                   yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           yes

Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

WARNING: When using --enable-proc-opt you must include the
         output of ./configure along with any bug report.

libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h is unchanged

and for plugins:

$ ./configure --previousOptions:  --disable-mythzoneminder
--disable-mythflix --disable-mythnews --enable-aac --disable-mythphone
--disable-mythgame --disable-mythbrowser Configuration settings:
        MythArchive    plugin will be built
        MythBrowser    plugin will not be built
        MythControls   plugin will be built
        MythFlix       plugin will not be built
        MythGallery    plugin will be built
        MythGame       plugin will not be built
        MythMusic      plugin will be built
        MythNews       plugin will not be built
        MythPhone      plugin will not be built
        MythVideo      plugin will be built
        MythWeather    plugin will be built
        MythZoneMinder plugin will not be built
        MythMovies     plugin will be built
        DVD creation   support will be included in MythArchive
        Native Archive support will be included in MythArchive
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythGallery
        EXIF           support will be included in MythGallery
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythMusic
        libvisual      support will be included in MythMusic
        FFTW v.2       support will be included in MythMusic
        SDL            support will be included in MythMusic
        AAC            support will be included in MythMusic