[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 12 15:30:12 UTC 2008

On 04/10/2008 09:21 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> MTD> /me wishes Wes's mail client knew how to properly attribute a quote...
>
> Not sure what that's about, since it did quote the right person with the
> right initials.

It's the ">>>>>" that's wrong.  Many mail clients use a single ">" for
each level of quotes, so your client's putting the 5 "shifts" before the
attribution line ('"MTD" == Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
writes:') makes it look like a 5-level deep quote.  (The initials before
the ">" are annoying--primarily because most clients don't do the same,
so it "breaks the flow," especially for clients that add nice formatting
to the messages--but they're manageable.  I'll admit that the initials
could be nice if all clients used them, but...)

> MTD> Are you all sure that it's not a broken PHP configuration?  I.e. now
> MTD> that many countries are beginning DST, perhaps your PHP timezone is
> MTD> improperly configured in /etc/php.ini .  If so, it will cause "weird"
> MTD> things to happen.
>
> Well, it's not configured in there at all.  I'd assume that this would
> mean it comes up with the default system TZ setting and uses it.  Or I'd
> hope it would.  My system TZ is just fine and no other tools have
> timing issues.

Yeah.  Most assume that PHP does the right thing, but--depending on
system configuration--it often doesn't.  I'd bet if you add the
appropriate line to /etc/php.ini, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mike