[mythtv-users] couple issues with mythvideo dvd support

Todd D. Volz todd at stir.org
Sat Apr 12 14:49:24 UTC 2008

----- "David Durham, Jr." wrote:
> First off, MythVideo handles the DVD stuff in myth 0.21 right? That's
> my understanding. Anyway, I have a few issues.
> 1. I rip ISO files of the DVDs and some DVDs are missing sound. It's
> kind of interesting, the opening stuff has sound, and maybe the menu
> does, but the movie itself does not. This is only for a few of my
> DVDs.
> 2. Can I setup Myth to do DVD upscaling similar to how the PS3 and
> other hardware will do?
> 3. If there isn't a known good open source solution the upscaling
> problem, then maybe I can use my new hardware:
> http://tinyurl.com/5p8h9x
> But I need a video card with HDMI out. Any recommendations?
> Thanks,
> Dave

I have the same problem. It worked just fine in .20, but has problems in .21.

In my case, the previews sometimes have sound and sometimes don't, I seem to have problems more often if I start skipping chapters.

In "I am Legend" when I play through the previews and get to the menu, the menu has no sound, but after playing the movie I get sound for the menu.

In "Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium" the special features don't have sound and seem to play slowly, but the main movie works fine.

I have set the playback method to lite(sp?) to mimick pre .21 player settings and I am using the internal player for DVDs.

Any thought/ideas? Is anyone else having similar problems or is this limited to David and myself?

Thanks

Todd