[mythtv-users] Occasional zero length file from a scheduled recording?

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 13:56:36 UTC 2008

Anyone ever figure out something on this one?

Mine just started doing this with my HD5500 card, I am not sure what is  going on.

Signal strength is ok, on in liveTV entering has it failing but hitting Y to
cycle to another tuner and then back to the 5500 so far has caused it to work
every time.

Recording seems to fail every time.

Sometimes it is a zero length file (from livetv I think), and sometimes the file
is not there at all (usually from a recording).

Are others still seeing this?

I am running 2.6.24.4, and it worked for 1-2 days after the initial upgrade,
then after a reboot it appears to fail almost every time (and reboots don't
appear to change the behavior).

Using getatsc to grab a signal appears to work every time.

                       Roger