[mythtv-users] Using TV Out on graphics card vs. Hauppauge PVR-350

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:58:04 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the following as part of my build for a new MythTV system:

MSI NX7300LE-TD128EH GeForce 7300LE 128MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127273

I didn't even realize it had TV out as well as VGA. Honestly, the
price was right, and I found some posts indicating it was
Linux-compatible, so it went into the shopping cart. So my question
is, do I use the TV Out from this card or continue using TV Out from
my PVR-350? Advantages/disadvantages? My inclination is "If it ain't
broke don't fix it" because my current MythTV system works fine with
the PVR-350. With all the mentions of "decreasing support" for PVR-350
TV Out, is the display card a better option?

Thanks,

Fred