[mythtv-users] LCD HDTV recommendations (that are Myth friendly)...

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Apr 11 14:32:45 UTC 2008

>  I have an Olevia 32" lcd, and while the price was right, I regret buying
>  such a bargain basement tv, because the menus and remote controls are
>  terrible.

I agree completely with that. My 27" Olevia is a great TV. I'm quite
happy with it. But its slow to respond to IR codes (or even button
presses on the TV itself), and sometimes queues them up. You have to
cycle through all of the inputs, and it takes 1-2 seconds each. I
start pressing the button to get to the input I want and it doesn't
respond, so I press the button again a second later. Then it registers
both presses, skips past my input, and I've got to go through the
whole process again. If wouldn't be so bad if I could disable the
unused inputs like I can on the Sharp.

--
Ron