[mythtv-users] mplayer sound problem

Lord Darkhelmet lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca
Fri Apr 11 02:56:33 UTC 2008

When trying to play a compressed video file with 6 channel audio through
mplayer it seems to be mixing up the audio channels.  I'm only using 2
channel analog audio from computer to stereo. Mplayer is outputting
either the center channel one of the front channel streams to the left
speaker and I believe one of the surround channel streams to the right
speaker.  Xine is downmixing the 6 channel audio to 2 channel audio just
fine but has video problems so I o not want to use it.  I tried the pan
option in mplayer config but it either crashed mplayer or just didn't
work.  Alsamixer is set to only 2 channel audio.  Anywhere else I should
be looking ?

Thanks.