[mythtv-users] Tuner recomendation for trial system

bungle nabble.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Thu Apr 10 16:27:46 UTC 2008

allene222 wrote:

> I want to see if my P4-2.4G can do OTA HDTV.  ...
> I have a large outdoor antenna with pre-amp and am about 40 miles from the
> transmitter.  My projector is 720p.  My video card is a new eVGA 7200.

Judging by your first sentence and second paragraph, you want to learn two
things: whether your computer can playback HD, and whether you can get stuff
with your antenna.  I don't know if you can learn the second item without
trying, but for the first you could download sample clips from various
places.  Just make sure you get high bitrate mpeg to accurately simulate
what you'd be recording.