[mythtv-users] menu texts have gone!

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 10 16:09:28 UTC 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:

>>> What happens is that everything is working perfectly fine, then I
>>> exit
>>> TV and the menu screen is blank (where as it was working perfect
>>> before entering TV).
>>
>>  No, that's an OpenGL issue that's been discussed before. Downgrade
>> your
>>  video driver.
>
> 1) I can't. Older drivers don't support the nvidia 7100 onboard video,
> so I'm stuck with the newer beta drivers.
> 2) I don't know what open GL has to do with it, because I'm using qt
> for the menus (can't stand the open gl menu fade effect).

Then the problem I was thinking of isn't your problem. I assumed you
were using OpenGL because that's what is being discussed in this
thread. (There was a problem with OpenGL on some nvidia drivers where
you could watch something, then trying to watch again results in a
black screen.)

> 3) If it has been discussed before, I can't find it. I can find a few
> cases of it being reported with no replies posted. I can also find
> many discussions of a completely different nature (such as no text at
> all, ever, or no text with certain themes, neither of which apply to
> my problem). If you know of relevant threads, I'd appreciate any
> links.

No idea, but I would start a new thread explaining you problem since
it's not related to this issue. If you do, please describe what you
mean by "blank". Your screen is completely black?

-Brad