[mythtv-users] MCE Blasting

Nick Tan nick.tan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 05:19:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

>  >This is how I do it:
>  >
>  >irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1
>  >irsend SEND_ONCE remote button
>  >
>  >To use the second blaster, I use:
>  >
>  >irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 2
>  >iresend SEND_ONCE remote button

>  >

>  Nick, sorry to be a bit off topic, but I have the same dual blaster
>  installed on my ubuntu feisty mythbox, and use the exact same command
>  sequence to do the blasting...but I get nothing out of port 1. So only port
>  2 works.....i was wondering, how did you install your setup? Maybe I missed
>  something when I installed mine. Port doesn't work, doesn't give an error,
>  and appears to be installed correctly.
>  -Thanks
>  -Steve

Hi Steve,

I compiled the lirc sources for the mceusb2 and just used the commands
as above and it worked.  Perhaps you have faulty hardware?  Is your
mce blaster one that came with a capture card or a generic one?  I
bought mine at a computer store as an OEM MCE remote/blaster.

Nick