[mythtv-users] Live TV - No channel lock.

Greg Thomas Greg at TheThomasHome.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 22:46:34 UTC 2008

On 09/04/2008, John Veness <John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
> Greg Thomas wrote:
>  > OK, I've just (tried) to install my first MythTV box; Mythbuntu 8.04
>  > beta, Nova-TD USB DVB-T tuner stick, MythTV as below:
>
> I have the same stick. You know it has two aerial inputs, yes? You need
>  to define two cards in mythtv-setup and you'll need an aerial plugged
>  into both inputs. As far as I know, it is random which input is which,
>  if you see what I mean, so you can't really test this device properly
>  with only one aerial plugged in, or with only one capture card defined.

I'm aware it has two aerial inputs. The mini one on the side is
/dev/dvb/adapter0 (what MythTV calls DVB 0), the one on the end is
adapter1 (DVB 1) - it's consistent on my system, at least. I've only
got one aerial lead currently - in adapter0. Scanning for channels
finds nothing on DVB 1 (as expected) - and I also get no signal if I
use an already scanned channel. So I don't think it's that.

Greg