[mythtv-users] firewire/comcast/motorolla DHC3200

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 9 19:59:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 12:36 -0400, Harry Devine wrote:
>  I have a DCT-3412 with
> >> Comcast in Southern NJ (near Atlantic City).

I've got a DCT-6412 box. Also a DVR with two tuners. What I have
observed on this box is that what comes out the firewire port is what
comes out the HDMI port too. If I change the channel on the box, the
firewire output changes channels. If I swap tuners, the firewire output
also swaps to the other tuner. So while it would be possible to record
something on the cable DVR box other than what is coming out the
firewire using the second tuner, it's not possible to watch something
other than what is coming out the firewire (at least not via the cable
box). I don't know how similar your box is to this one, so I don't know
if you will get the same behavior.

--Greg