[mythtv-users] couple issues with mythvideo dvd support

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:51:53 UTC 2008

First off, MythVideo handles the DVD stuff in myth 0.21 right?  That's
my understanding.  Anyway, I have a few issues.

1. I rip ISO files of the DVDs and some DVDs are missing sound.  It's
kind of interesting, the opening stuff has sound, and maybe the menu
does, but the movie itself does not.  This is only for a few of my
DVDs.

2. Can I setup Myth to do DVD upscaling similar to how the PS3 and
other hardware will do?

3.  If there isn't a known good open source solution the upscaling
problem, then maybe I can use my new hardware:

http://tinyurl.com/5p8h9x

But I need a video card with HDMI out.  Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dave