[mythtv-users] LCD HDTV recommendations (that are Myth friendly)...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:02:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Dan Ritter <dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 09:29:00AM -0500, Andrew Close wrote:
>  > aside from brands/models of LCD's to look at, do you have any content
>  > suggestions?  most of the retailers either have a dedicated HD feed
>  > that they loop or some other high end signal to show off the maximum
>  > picture the sets can possibly display.  of course, these signals are
>
>  Metasuggestion: people should do short writeups in
>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:HDTV_Database
>
>  which would then be beneficial to all of us.

hmm, i did search the archive for 'displays, LCD's, HDTV...' and got
thousands of hits, but i must admit that i didn't check the wiki for
any info. i'll do that.  (and i'll make sure i make an entry for
whatever i end up with if it isn't already there)

a couple of pplmentioned that i didn't make a distinction between
analog SD and digital SD.  i'm a subscriber of Wide Open West (WOW) in
the Chicagoland area.  right now i subscribe to their analog package
because i didn't want to have to deal with a STB.  however, i believe
i can pick up all their digital SD channels using my HDHR.  once i
confirm that the HDHR will become my main capture device and i'll be
subscribing to the digital package.  i'll then use my PVR-500 for
overflow.

as mentioned in my original post, i'll be taking my laptop with me
with Myth recorded content to view.  at the moment that content is
analog SD.  does anyone know where i can get some digital SD content
to view?  i'd prefer content captured by an HDHR or similar device.

--
Andrew Close