[mythtv-users] esata drives - experience?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:53:37 UTC 2008

>  I'm personally interested in inexpensive pci to sata/esata cards.
>  Anyone have links for those?  Newegg is coming back with this
>  outrageous $60 price tag.

I have had decent success with the SYBA $19 card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124020&Tpk=SD-SATA-4p

I have a dozen of these at work and they work fine except on a server
mother board that had the same chip (SIL3114). I have had to update
the firmware to use larger drives than 750GB but that was painless.
They have a link on their site for a new bios.

John