[mythtv-users] esata drives - experience?

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:43:22 UTC 2008

>  I had a similar situation of trying to use my spare ide drives in a seperate hard
>  drive enclosure (with eSATA port multiplier PMP) and connecting to my pc with
>  eSATA cable. I wanted to isolate the noise of the 4 drives by putting the HD
>  box in a closet and using a 2 meter eSATA cable to connect to the pc.

I hope you're going to store plenty of flammable items in the very same closet.

I'm personally interested in inexpensive pci to sata/esata cards.
Anyone have links for those?  Newegg is coming back with this
outrageous $60 price tag.

   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102062

-Dave