[mythtv-users] help !!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:36:37 UTC 2008

On 09/04/2008, wayne roberts <wayneandleanne at googlemail.com> wrote:
> any ideas

A few...

i) Wait more than 30 minutes before reposting the same question.
You'll find people are more likley to help you. If you want realtime
support, use the mythtv-users IRC channel.
ii) Try and post to the correct mailing list. The problem you are
having is with XMLTV, not MythTV.
iii) Read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
iv) Learn to use Google effectively
v) Search the list archives (URL at bottom of my sig)
vi) As you seem new to Linux, consider using a MythTV-specific distro
such as MythDora or KnoppMyth. These come with everything you need
pre-installed, and get you up and running very quickly. As you can
probably tell, there is a very steep learning curve ahead for you.

> wayne at linux-mtet:~> perl -MCPAN -e 'install File::Slurp'
> Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i586
> -linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
> .).
>  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
> wayne at linux-mtet:~>

You are (also) missing the CPAN.pm perl module, which is required if
you run 'perl -MCPAN' to install additional perl modules and software.
You are probably missing others. Does your distro (OpenSuse?) have a
xmltv-prereqs package available? Installing that will satisfy all of
the dependencies XMLTV requires to run.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott