[mythtv-users] AMD 3100+/NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 too slow for broadcast HD playback (from hdhomerun) even with XvMC?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Wed Apr 9 06:44:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:29:21AM -0700, Phil Baltar wrote:
> Interesting... I'm using the same hardware and it seems we also live in the
> same area...
>
> Actually, I might have a 3400+, not 3100+ (I'm not home so I can't check it
> right now).  However, I noticed that I get better results without XvMC.  Of

For me, I could not play more than a few fps without XvMC, so XvMC
definitely made a huge difference for 720p and better content.

> course, I'm using an old Nvidia driver.  The newer ones got rid of XV
> picture controls, so I had to go back.

So 1.0.9631 is no good?

> Another thought: When did you start having problems?  The weather seems to
> have been messing with my reception lately. I get sporadic studdering.

I just started my HD config.
I've now pinned it down to stutter after channel change for about 5-10sec.
After that, it's pretty much ok.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/