[mythtv-users] Mythfilx in australia

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 9 01:21:25 UTC 2008

On 04/07/2008 11:22 PM, Chris Henderson wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody in Australia has played with getting the mythflix
> plugin working with an australian provider?
> we have the following providers
>
> Bigpond movies  http://bigpondmovies.com/
> Quickflixs           http://www.quickflix.com.au/quickflix.aspx
> moive guys         http://www.movieguys.com.au/
> webflicks            http://www.webfilcks.com.au
>
> So has anyone got this going with a perticular provider and if so can you
> give me some details and what you needed to change etc. I dont really want
> to reinvent the wheel here, so any help would be appricated.
> Also is anyone has comments on the providers, good or bad, that would be
> great.

Haven't heard of one, but I'm not an Australian, so I wouldn't have paid
attention if someone talked of one.  However, I will say that if
MythFlix isn't already designed this way (haven't paid any attention),
before something is incorporated for another provider, MythFlix would
have to be modified to use a script-based approach similar to that used
for MythWeather.

Oh, and of course, there's always the implied, "And it can't violate any
T's & C's or usage restrictions or whatever."  Don't know how that would
apply with MythFlix, but mentioning it, just in case.

Mike