[mythtv-users] Damn you Time Warner

Craig G. craig at goranson.org
Wed Apr 9 00:06:35 UTC 2008

From: David Brodbeck
To: Discussion about mythtv
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Damn you Time Warner

On Apr 8, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Brad DerManouelian
>> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>>> If you can't afford an antenna, you shouldn't have satellite TV. When
>>> you get your Satellite TV installed, they will also install your
>>> antenna.
>>
>> What if they can't install one? Sometimes that's a problem in some
>> areas.

>Again, though, if they can't legally install an antenna, how are they
>getting satellite TV?  They have to put the dish antenna somewhere!

At least in the U.S. your homeowners association/convenants in most cases
can't be used to block you from installing a TV antenna or a sat dish.  I
say in most cases because if your are in a historic district then other
rules apply.   OTARD also applies to WIFI antenna's in case you need an
external antenna to connect to your internet provider.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Craig