[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Plugin

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:53:26 UTC 2008

Shawn:

Squeezeslave is headless so it has to be controlled through the web
interface, so it doesn't really work for an HTPC.

I'm not really familiar with building something like this on Gentoo
that has mythtv installed through ebuilds.  I know that in
Fedora/CentOS (if you are using Axel's packages), you can simply
install the mythtv-devel package, then download the source for **all**
of the plugins from the Mythtv site, extract the mythsqueezebox file
into the mythplugins-0.21 directory, run ./configure in the
mythplugins-0.21 directory just as if you were going to build them
from source, but don't compile or install, you are just getting the
configure files built.  Then do a qmake, make and make install in the
mythsqueezebox directory.

Perhaps there is a similar ebuild package to Axel's mythtv-devel
package for Fedora/CentOS.  Sorry, someone more familiar with Gentoo
will probably have to help.

George