[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Plugin

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:11:26 UTC 2008

I've made a stab at getting a squeezecenter client working as a mythtv
plugin since this seems to be a common request.  This plugin is
largely based on the work of Richard Titmuss (and others) on
squeezeslave.  It works for me, but it is not pretty!!  There are a
number of issues outlined in the readme file.

Technically, I'm not sure this is really a plugin since it really
doesn't rely on the mythbackend for anything at the moment (I need to
figure out the set up structure to get a "setup" screen developed, it
currently uses a text file in the home directory), so if this bothers
you, please just ignore the name "plugin".

And now for a request:  If possible, I'd love someone who understands
the ui.xml files to point me to some documentation that would explain
what controls are available and what the various available parameters
are for the controls.  What I've done is certainly not the best
approach, but was cobbled together after a lot of looking at the
existing plugin files and a **lot** of head scratching.  I'm sure it
could be done a lot better by someone who understands the controls
available.

You can find files and a screenshot at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythsqueezebox/

For the few that have run across the project already, I've just
updated the files today to address several issues.

All comments, edits, flames, etc. are welcome.

George