[mythtv-users] No seektable

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Apr 8 20:56:58 UTC 2008

Another Sillyname wrote:
> Tim
>
> A really quick and dirty fix....not recommended for long term storage.
>
> Find an existing recording in your db that is about the same length as
> the ones you want to watch.
>
> Rename the existing 10xx_2008xxxxx.mpg file to add .orig to the
> end......rename the old recording to the 10xx_2008xxx name above.
> Then re-run mythcommflag to reset the seektable.  I'd then suggest
> nuvexport the recording off into an avi.  Once you've done that for
> all the old recordings rename the .orig file back to what it was and
> re-run mythcommflag on it again.
>
> Good luck.

> On 08/04/2008, Tim Sawyer <mythtv at calidris.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Sunday 06 Apr 2008, Matt Rude wrote:
>>  > Tim Sawyer wrote:
>>  > > Hi folks,
>>  > >
>>  > > I have some old mythtv recordings from previous (aborted) build sat
>>  > > around on a disk.  Whenever I play them using my new 0.21 front end, I
>>  > > get a "no seektable" message if I try and fast forward.
>>  > >
>>  > > How can I fix this?
>>  > >
>>  > > Thanks,
>>  >
>>  > Rerun mythcommflag on the offending recordings.  You can start the
>>  > program per recording from Mythweb or via the frontend.
>>
>>  My fault, I should have been more specific.
>>
>>  mythcommflag and mythtranscode don't seem to work because the recordings are
>>  not in the database.  They're just on disk as videos, and I'm trying to play
>>  them with mythvideo.
>>
>>  How can I fix them in that situation?

Do you want these videos in your database? If they're recordings that
have just orphaned themselves from the db, you can put them back with
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

If you want them as part of your MythVideo stuff, put it in your video
directory, scan for new videos, then run mythcommflag --video <filename>
to build a seek table for it.

-Brad